The Ophthalmic Cryo that provides instantaneous freezing and defrosting with tip-freeze-only probes
Optimized Design Means Less Tissue Damage
Slow freezing and refreezing produce large ice crystals that destroy cell membranes and case excessive tissue damage. Under such conditions, inadvertent freezing of extraocular tissues. Including the lids, may cause unnecessary post-operative patient discomfort, depigmentation, and alopecia. Both the rate of freezing and thawing are important. In fact, slow thawing causes even more tissue damage than slow freezing. Both increase the size of the ice crystals in the tissues. Fast freezing and thawing, however, produce delicate intracellular crystal formation. This is less destructive and is useful in treating retinal detachment. Thus a very fast freeze and defrost cycle is preferable to a slower one. Mira offers one of the fastest freeze and defrost system available. The Mira Ophthalmic Cryo provides instantaneous freezing and defrosting with all tip-freeze-only probes. This is because the MIRA Cryo is the only unit designed for ophthalmic use. Our instant freeze and defrost feature also allows you to operate more quickly, thus improving you efficiency and productivity.
Makes the Surgeon’s Task Easier
Mira has designed it’s Cryo with the surgeon’s needs in mind. The tubing has enhanced flexibility and natural downward positioning of the probe tip are intended to make the vitreoretinal specialist’s wok easier. Tubing is a full nine foot long in order to provide the surgeon with greater range of motion, on top of reduced coil memory so the tubing will not offer resistance when maneuvering the probe.
Practical Office System
Mira’s compact efficient design makes the CR-4000 conveniently portable as ever.
MIRA has taken extra steps to ensure the unit’s expected long life. All probe handle are made of stainless steel. Both probe tips and connector jacks come equipped with protective covers.
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 5 x 6.5 x 11 inches
- Weight: 16 Pounds
- Front Panel Gauge: Indicates incoming gas pressure
- Temperature Settings: N2O -25C°, -55C°, -85C°, tolerance (±5°C). CO2 -5C°, -35°, -65C° (±5°C)
- Gas Input: 7/16-20 male thread
- Gauge Pressure: 680-900 psi (Recommended)
- Cylinders: Non-siphon only
- Gas Cylinder Pressure: – (CO2 850psi. max., 70º F) (N2O 730psi. max., 70º F)
- High Pressure Hose: 60in, (152.4cm) 5/8″ hex nuts
- Power Source: Operates on either CO2 or N2O gas. (No electrical power required)
This MIRA CR-4000 Cryosurgical Unit comes equipped with:
- (1) Angled Probe- Model- CR 4010
- Foot Pedal
- Exhaust Tubing
- N2O, CO2 hoses