Leica M844 Surgical Microscope with F40 Stand
The Leica M844 F40 belongs to the premium class of ophthalmic surgical microscopes and offers optimal solutions particularly for posterior and high-end anterior segment surgery. Combined with the Leica M844 APO OptiChrome optics and direct halogen illumination, the system offers the best clarity, contrast, and sharp, true anatomical color images at safer low-light levels. The result: a safer linkage between the diagnostic and surgical image. Features, such as the QuadZoom technology, the Double Wing Assistant Bridge, and HD recording – exclusively available from Leica Microsystems – make it furthermore the ideal microscope for Teaching Institutes and University Hospitals.
- See More with Less Light
Leica Optics have superior light gathering ability. Sharp, brilliant, true anatomical color images with excellent depth of field are obtained under limited or even no microscope illumination. The result: better detail recognition, added patient safety, and fatigue-free viewing for the surgeon.
- QuadZoom: The teaching solution
Only Leica’s QuadZoom technology features four separate beam paths in the same zoom system. No manual adjustment by the teacher is necessary. Leica’s Double Wing furthermore allows two students/assistants to have full stereo view at the same magnification.
- Work in Comfort
The Leica M844 F40 offers various features to enhance the surgeon’s and assistant’s comfort and to support an ergonomical workflow. For example: individually adjustable binocular tubes such as the UltraLow II binocular tubes, Leica Wireless Footswitch, Two-in-One display, StepCycle, and Auto Reset function.
- High-Definition Documentation
The Med X Change HDMD All-in-One (AIO), a compact, integrated HD digital recording system, provides stunning, high-quality videos, and still images. The system is exclusively available from Leica Microsystems. Additionally, surgical cases can be wirelessly transferred to an Apple device with Med X Mobile.
- Integration of Retinal Accessories
Leica Microsystems’ surgical microscopes are designed to integrate the most commonly used wide-angle observation systems and stereo image inverters. They are also provided with a quick mount interface to comfortably and quickly install and remove e.g. the Leica slit lamp.
- True Red Reflex
The double beam stereo illumination and Leica’s large OttoFlex II illumination diameter enable true three-dimensional vision, and better Red Reflex stability and brightness. The result: increased depth of field, less XY-centering and refocusing required, brightness adjustable where it is needed most.
Intuitive Touch Screen Control Unit
- Intuitive Control Unit: The touch panel offers intuitive control of all the Leica M844’s
functions. The control unit’s operation is simple and straightforward with many innovative features.
- Everyone is an individual: Customized start settings, such as illumination and magnification levels, are easily programmed into the control unit for up to 30 different users. By having a surgeon’s individual settings available at the touch of a button, the microscope is instantly ready for the next procedure and/or surgeon and the workflow of the surgical team is faster and more efficient.
- StepCycle for greater efficiency: Different levels of light, focus and zoom can optimize each phase of surgery. Making these adjustments today takes surgeons’ precious time. The automatic StepCycle function enables the surgeon to program predefined settings that are used throughout typical surgical procedures. After simple programming, a touch of a button on the foot pedal will activate the microscope’s predefined settings, step by step, during the procedure.
- Real-Time Video: With one touch of a button the control unit’s display becomes a general use, real-time video monitor, which allows an immediate and convenient view of the current surgical procedure for the operating room staff. For general video viewing there is no need for an extra video cart.
- Magnification Changer: APO-Zoom 6:1, motorized, with 4 separate beam paths
- Magnification: 3.5× – 21× (WD 175 mm, 10× eyepieces)
- Optic: APO-chromatic corrected optics
- Field Diameter: 7 mm – 80 mm
- Working Distance: 175 mm, 200 mm and 225 mm
- Focus Range: 54 mm, motorized, with automatic reset
- Eyepieces: Wide Field Eyepieces for Eyeglass Wearers (8.33×, 10×, 12.5×)
- Dioptric Setting: +/–5 with adjustable eye cup
- Leica OptiChrome Objective Lens, WD=200 mm, APO
- Motorized Tilt: +15°/-50°
- Assistant Binoculars Attachment: 100% Stereopsis at same magnification, including documentation interface, rotatable from side to side
(temporal approach), built-in fine focusing, rotatable ring for binocular tube
- Quick-Change Lamp Mount: With two 12 V / 50 W halogen lamps
- Filters: IR-Barrier Filter, UV-barrier filter, two built-in filter holders for optional filters
- Maximum Load: 26.8 lbs. Accessories to the microscope
- Maximum Reach: 1492 mm, 59 inches
This Leica M844 F40 Surgical Microscope comes equipped with:
- 6 Month Warranty
- Leica OptiChrome 200 mm, APO Objective Lens
- Assistant Binoculars
- Wired 14-Function Foot Pedal
- Dust Cover
For additional information on the Leica M844 Surgical Microscope click here: