Auto Tonometer + Corneal Response Technology
The Reichert 7CR from Reichert Technologies utilizes a patented bi-directional applanation process to characterize the biomechanical properties of the cornea and reduce their impact on the IOP measurement. This measurement, referred to as Corneal Compensated IOP (IOPcc) is minimally affected by corneal visco-elastic properties, thickness, or surgical procedures such as LASIK or PRK. As such, IOPcc is a better indicator of glaucoma risk than other methods of tonometry, including Goldmann Applanation. The Reichert 7CR is more clinically valid in all subjects, including: normal tension glaucoma patients, primary open angle glaucoma patients, post-LASIK and refractive surgery patients, patients with Fuchs’ or corneal edema, keratoconus patients, and patients with thick, thin, or otherwise biomechanically atypical corneas.
Reichert 7CR Features
- IOPg (Goldmann Correlated IOP) and IOPcc (Corneal Compensated IOP) clearly displayed on LCD Screen. Measurement “Score” indicates reliability of readings
- Easy-to-use, touch-screen user interface requires minimal operator training
- Exclusive Reichert technology ensures the softest possible air puff – Real-time applanation detection system provides a custom air puff
- Simple and fast patient positioning – No chinrest, joystick, or elevation controls:
– Patients simply lean against convenient left/right sliding forehead rest
– Obvious fixation cues for fast alignment
– Alignment and measurement is completely automated
- Triple-measurement mode delivers three consecutive IOP measurements with a single button press
- Internal printer and Electronic data transfer via USB port
Waveform Score Ensures Reliability of Results
The Reichert 7CR employs an advanced signal-scoring feature that helps ensure the accuracy and reliability of measurement results. Each measurement is assigned a score based on internally-processed signal analysis algorithm. Scores below a certain threshold are indicated as unreliable. When multiple measurements are taken on the same eye, an intelligent averaging technique provides a weighted average, dependent upon the waveform score. No other tonometer provides operators with objective feedback about the quality of the measurement taken!
Non-Contact Measurement Methodology
Alignment and measurement with the Reichert 7CR are FULLY AUTOMATED. A collimated air-jet provides gentle force to the cornea while an electro-optical system monitors the applanation process. The result is a rapid measurement that is comfortable and non-intimidating for the patient and simple for any operator to execute. Best of all, the measurement is non-contact so no anesthesia is required and there is no risk of cross contamination.
- Weight: 23 lbs.
- Height: 19.75 in.
- Width: 10.5 in.
- Depth: 14 in.
- Measurement Range: 7 – 60 mmHg (ISO 8612 tonometer standard)
This 2022 Reichert 7CR comes equipped with:
- 6 Month Warranty
- Dust Cover
- Manual + Quick Reference Guide
- (2) Thermal Paper Rolls
For more information, click brochure link: https://www.reichert.com/en/products/reichert-7cr