Topcon has been a leader in the manufacturing of refactometers since 1950. It doesn’t come as a surprise that with such vast experience, Topcon Auto Kerato-Refractometers and Auto Refractometers have been always considered by eye care professionals “the cutting edge” of refractive instruments. Consistent with its successful history of quality, durability and precision, Topcon is proud to introduce the 8900 series of Auto Kerato-Refractometers and Auto Refractometers. Ease of use, high accuracy and sophisticated design are the main characteristics of the KR-8900.
Compact and stylish design
The compact footprint of the KR-8900 can save space and add functionality to the contemporary eye care practice. A smaller optical head facilitates the operator’s view of the patient’s face. An ergonomically positioned screen makes readings easy and comfortable to see.
The unique Rotary Prism Technology, exclusive of Topcon, allows for unparalleled precision and reliability. The system measures a wider area of the retina while permitting measurements through pupils as small as 2mm in diameter.
Quick and effortless operation
- Simultaneous display of right/left readings permits all patient information to be seen instantly on screen
- Scenic fixation target which assists patients fixate comfortably, and auto-fogging function which minimizes accommodation increase patient comfort and result in accurate readings
- Automatic measurement and printout are available
- An incorporated CPU makes measurements faster and more precise. Patient comfort is enhanced
- Various interfaces with other Topcon instruments provide a total interconnectivity solution
Printed data: A complete printout of the data acquired is available at the touch of a button.
Control panel: The various modes and functions can be easily selected from the simplified easy-to-read color LCD control panel.
Cornea diameter: Corneal diameter can be measured during testing, and the image can be recalled later. If desired both eyes can be measured, with the data recorded on the printout.
Easy-to-load printer: Easier to load, quicker and quieter, the incorporated printer provides clear and complete printouts. Just drop the pater roll into the holder.
Objective Refractometer Mode
- Sphere range: -25D to +22D (0.12D/0.25D)
- Cylinder range: 0D to ± 10D (0.12/0.25D)
- Axis range: 0° to 180° (in 1° or 5° steps)
- Minimum measurable pupil diameter: Ø2.0mm
Corneal Curvature Mode
- Corneal curvature radius: 5.00 to 10.00mm (0.01)
- Refraction index: 1.3375
- Corneal refraction: 67.5D to 33.75D (0.12D/0.25 D)
- Corneal astigmatism: 0D to ± 10D (0.12D/0.25 D)
- Corneal astigmatism axial angle: 0° to 180° (in 1° and 5° steps)
- PD measurement range: 20-85mm in 1mm step
- Output: RS-23C/ USB 1.1
- Dimensions: 12(W) x 21(D) x 19(H)in
- Weight: 44lbs
This Topcon KR-8900 comes equipped with:
- 6 Month warranty
- Dust cover