The new CENTURION Vision System is the only intelligent phacoemulsifier technology that optimizes every moment of the cataract surgical procedure. The new system automatically and continuously adapts to changing conditions within the eye, provides greater anterior chamber stability during each step of the surgery, and places optimized energy technology at the surgeon’s fingertips through enhanced fluidic management and surgical precision. It also allows the surgeon to emulsify and aspirate the lens in the the eye, while replacing aspirated fluid and lens material with balanced controls, the surgeon regulates the amount of power applied to the handpiece tip, the rate of aspiration, vacuum, and the flow of BSS irrigating solution. The CENTURION Vision System also sets a new standard of performance in cataract surgery by combining multiple intelligent phaco technologies, and other key features, including:
- Active Fluidics Technology, an automated system that optimizes anterior chamber stability by allowing surgeons to proactively set and maintain target intraocular pressure (IOP) within the eye during the cataract removal procedure. This provides enhanced IOP control during the procedure in comparison to gravity fluidics and fixed pressure irrigation; reduces surges due to occlusion breaks; increases IOP efficiency at lower, more natural settings; and eliminates the need to manually adjust fluid pressure.
- Balanced Energy Technology enhances phacoemulsification efficiency through proven OZil Intelligent Phaco and the INTREPID Balanced Tip probe. This increases efficiency and control, while reducing energy levels, and accommodating surgeon settings for aspiration and vacuum by keeping the fragmented lens material at the shearing plane for emulsification.
- Applied Integration, an innovative design that enables the new system to be seamlessly integrated with multiple cataract surgical technologies, like Alcon’s LuxOR Surgical Microscopes with Q-VUE 3-D assistant and the LenSx Laser to create a comprehensive cataract surgery suite designed to minimize variability at every step of the procedure.
- The CENTURION Vision System also offers an improved ergonomic design, wireless footswitch and intuitive touch-screen display.
This 2015 Alcon Centurion Vision System has had very little use, certified preventive maintenance performed, and meets manufacturers specifications for power and calibration.
This Alcon CENTURION Vision System will come equipped with:
- Two Centurion Ozil handpieces
- Latest revision and operation software
- 6 Month warranty
- Operator’s manual
- Wireless foot pedal
- Dust cover